Monday, April 7, 2014

Three Bones Catering Company @ Uncle Earl's

I always wanted to give the Three Bones Catering food truck a try.  I am a huge fan of food trucks and everything these chef’s are turning out. It wasn’t until a couple weeks ago, while driving down Perkins Road, that I saw Three Bones had opened up in the newly-renovated outdoor, patio bar. Open from 5:00-8:00 Tuesday-Saturday, Three Bones has quickly climbed my leaderboard of favorite places to eat in Baton Rouge.
Beer Batter Onion Rings
First time I ever tried the cooking, I had a “White House Smoke Burger.” I never thought anything could top Dearman’s as top dog for my favorite hamburger, but I’d be lying if this hasn’t made a serious push. Pulled smoked brisket is mixed in with the ground beef before being slapped onto the grill, topped with mushrooms, grilled onions, bacon, and whatever else you could want. I picked up an order of house-made onion rings to go with it, and I was in heaven. The onion rings come out thick and almost overwhelming at first sight. Then you take a bite. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, these onion rings became an instant hit for everyone there with me. 



During normal hours of operation, Three Bones even offers 50 cent chicken wing drumettes. Aside from the usual Buffalo Wing (which might be my favorite flavor), Three Bones offers a variety of other flavors, some of which you might not have ever thought for a wing. M80 Habanero, Roasted garlic and Parmesan, Sriracha and Honey, BBQ are all there for offer. Two others, though, made a big hit with my taste buds on Saturday night. The Pepper jelly wing and the Peanut Butter Cup wing were way too tempting of a flavor not to try, so I had to get one of each. The pepper jelly wing was a total surprise. I had no idea what to expect going into that first bite, but I will certainly be snagging one or two every time I order some of their wings. It had that pepper jelly flair that I love, the sweet and then spicy after kick. It worked really well with the wing. For dessert, the Peanut Butter Cup wing. Smothered in Peanut Butter and drizzled in chocolate, this wing was a thing of beauty. I couldn’t believe someone had thought of this idea and actually made a recipe worth coming back for.

Peanut Butter Cup Wings
The kitchen stays open later on Friday and Saturday nights to appease to Uncle Earl’s drinking crowd. Other menu items are boudin balls, brisket fries, pulled pork fries, and a slew of others. What am I going to try next time?  Either the Pulled Pork or Brisket Sandwich with a side of boudin balls. I want to thank Chef Chris for the flavor ride that is Three Bones! See you next time (it will be soon!).

Come check out Three Bones at Uncle Earl's from 5-8 Tuesday through Saturday. They also cater. 



Three Bones Catering on Urbanspoon

3 comments: